Steve Gooch is the author of Reiki Jin Kei Do: The Way of Compassion & Wisdom and Mindfulness Meditation & The Art of Reiki and is a regular freelance writer on the subject of mindfulness meditation, Qi Gong, Reiki, and wellbeing in general. He is a Breathworks certified mindfulness meditation teacher and has been teaching mindfulness and Reiki for the past twenty-four years. Steve founded both Reiki Jin Kei Do UK and Reiki Jin Kei Do International, was the editor of the short-lived magazine Focus: The Journal of Reiki Jin Kei Do UK, and has taught meditation, Qi Gong, and Reiki in the UK, Egypt, Cyprus, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Lithuania and regularly receives requests to teach in other countries. He is also a noted artist with work in collections around the world.
About the course
This is the heart of the Reiki experience.
This is the professional Practitioner level, allowing you to take paying clients and become a member of a professional Reiki organization.
This workshop will broaden your understanding and add depth to your practice.
You will learn everything you need to know to set up your own professional Reiki practice and learn the techniques for practicing distant healing; an immensely powerful method of mind-body transformation.
You will also gain the ability to use Reiki to effect healing around past traumas. Learn how to send Reiki into the future: perhaps to an exam or job interview, to help smooth the path to greatest harmony, whatever that may be.
You will gain the knowledge you need to work with powerful contemplative and energetic tools:
The Reiki symbols. The true knowledge of these devices is held only within the tradition of Reiki Jin Kei Do.
The workshop includes:
• Further exploration of the history of Reiki and the lineage and tradition of Reiki Jin Kei Do.
• Scientific considerations on the nature and application of Reiki energy.
• Introduction to the powerful Reiki symbols, their origins, and meaning.
• Analysis of the function of symbolism as an energetic tool.
• Methods of working with the symbols for personal development and empowerment and for healing yourself and others.
• Working with mantra. Mantra is the use of sacred sounds to enhance well-being and spiritual development.
• A 2nd level attunement process. This is required for you to work effectively with the Reiki symbols and to practice the techniques taught in this class.
• Meditation practice, particularly in mindfulness, is extended and developed further. MindCheck Level 2 is taught.
• Extra methods are taught for the treatment of self and others and include the use of marma points to aid in the effectiveness of the treatment. This is a VERY powerful extension of the way you conduct treatments.
• Methods of distant healing are taught.
• Extensive information is passed on from personal experience in developing and setting up a practice as a Reiki therapist.
• Ethical Codes of Conduct are discussed.
You must have taken training in Reiki Jin Kei Do Level 1 to take this course.
Upon completion, the Reiki Practitioner certificate is issued which allows you to work professionally with Reiki in a therapeutic context.